Thursday, August 18, 2011

Black Bean Salsa

  • 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, partially drained (I used the Ro-Tel brand and I used 1 can tomatoes with green chile peppers and 1 can with habaneros peppers, cause I like mine a little spicy. I also made this recipe once with just the kroger brand diced tomatoes and it wasn't as good, didn't have as much flavor, so just keep that in mind if you don't want to buy the name brand.)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (I removed the seeds)
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped (I actually only used like 3 onions from the bunch, since I'm not a huge onion fan.)
  •  1 Tbls. cumin,
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder,
  • 1/4-1/3 c. chopped cilantro (I really like cilantro, so I used 1/3 cup)
  • 1-2 tbls lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment