Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

This is one of Mariah's favorite desserts. It is super yummy. 

I just bake 1/2 of a white or yellow cake mix in a 9x13 pan.  Sometimes I make two or you can just measure out half of the cake mix.  Bake it for about 15 minutes at 350.

The filling is 1 package of Dream Whip, made according to the directions on the package.  Add 1 8-ounce package cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar.  If you bring the cream cheese to room temperature, it is easy to whip in and you don't get little lumps.  The fat-free cream cheese doesn't work but I usually use the 1/3 less fat.

The topping is 1 package of Danish Dessert made according to the directions.  I use 1-3/4 cup of water when making it and then I add lots of fresh strawberries.  It is one of our favorites and it really is different than most strawberry shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment